CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Katie Brielle





Our new little angel arrived on Wednesday, February 24th! My water broke just before 6 am and she was born by 8:30 am. Everything seemed perfect but when they took Katie in for her newborn exam in the nursery they came back and told us that Katie had a very loud murmer in her heart. After having an eckocardiogram she was diagnosed with having pulmonary valve stenosis. Basically the pulmonary valve in her heart was very thick and was not working. They life flighted Katie to Primary Children's hospital in Salt Lake City. Greg flew down with her and I had to stay at the hospital in Idaho Falls. Having to stay there and not knowing what was going on was horrible, I just wanted to be there with Greg and Katie. My wonderful sister Lori came and stayed with me in the hospital until I was discharged. My dad drove me down to Utah, while we were on our way, Katie was taken in to have a catheter put into her heart. They fed a catheter through her vessels and inflated a two balloons to stretch out the valve in her heart. The procedure was a success and her valve began to work. We spent several more days in the hospital but were able to come home that Sunday! We are so thankful for all of the prayers and support everyone has given us. We know that Heavenly Father heard all of them and we are so blessed to have our little Katie here with us in our home. She is on a little oxygen and we will have to keep watching her close for any changes, but she should have a very normal life. While at Primary Children's we met so many people that had very difficult situations they were dealing with and we felt so blessed that Katie was going to be ok. Primary Children's hospital is such a wonderful place for healing, they truely perform miracles there every day, and the staff are so caring. We are going back to Salt Lake for a followup on Tuesday so hopefully we will get more good news!

4 comments:

mandy said...

I am sorry that you had to go through something so scary but thrilled that she is here and healthy. She is such a beautiful baby. Congratulations!

Tami and Aaron said...

I'm so excited to get to meet her this summer! We're glad that everything turned out ok and that all our prayers were answered!!! Please, NO MORE DRAMA!!!! love you!

Esther Ogden said...

She is so pretty, Alysia! =) I am glad you are home and doing well now.

B-Love said...

Alysia,

Sorry to hear about your little girl-sounds like all is going well now. I found your blog while looking at Preslee's updates. Well I hope this finds you well,

Brandon Hart.

P.S. I am going into NICU so this story is right up my alley.